Convict Trail

6. Norfolk Bay Convict Station

The Norfolk Bay Convict Station was built by convicts in the 1830’s from bricks made at Port Arthur.  The building of 18 rooms was originally the commissariat Store.  Food and other stores came from Hobart by steamer and were unloaded at the jetty.  After the closure of the penal settlement in 1877 the Commissariat Store became the Tasman Hotel and later a guest house.